Tuesday 28 December 2010

Media Quotes of the Year: Blogging and bloggers


Blogger Guido Fawkes: "I have achieved the Marxist ideal. I own the means of production and distribution. I have job security, I can't be fired and do much better than many journalists."

David Higgerson blogs on journalism bloggers:
"How about journalism bloggers upholding some basic principles of reporting and seeking to produce fair and balanced blog posts? Surely it’s the job of a reporter/blogger repeating claims made by someone else to check the validity of what’s being said?"

Andrew Marr at the Cheltenham Literature Festival: "A lot of bloggers seem to be socially inadequate, pimpled, single, slightly seedy, bald, cauliflower-nosed, young men sitting in their mother's basements and ranting. They are very angry people."

Iain Dale on his decision to quit blogging:
"The truth is, I no longer enjoy blogging and I think that this has been evident for a few months now to my readers. I hate the backbiting that goes along with it. I hate the character assassination that is permanently present. I no longer enjoy the pressure of feeling I have to churn out four or five pieces every day."

Pic: Guido Fawkes (aka Paul Staines) giving a presentation at an NUJ event. (Jon Slattery)

Quotes of the Year:
Ethics and entrapment;
Phone-hacking;
WikiLeaks and Julian Assange;
Paywalls, Rusbridger and Murdoch;
The General Election;
The Regional Press.

No comments: