Thursday 15 March 2012

Thurlbeck arrest: 'It really didn't feel like England'



Ex-News of the World chief reporter Neville Thurlbeck (top) has commented on his blog about his arrest yesterday on suspicion of intimidating a witness and has denied any wrongdoing.

It is believed Thurlbeck's arrest follows a post on his blog in which he referred to Will Lewis, a member of News Corp's Management and Standards Committee, and claims that he had hired a private security firm to protect his home.

Thurlbeck blogged: "CLEARLY, my blog was the cause of today's police activity.

One minute I was sitting penning a new post. The next, I was in the police station, having DNA mouth swabs and my fingerprints and police mugshot taken.

A complaint had been made and acted upon very swiftly indeed.

It really didn't feel like England today!

Grateful thanks to my superb lawyer Henri Brandman who was an immense support and wise counsel.

And to all my family and friends for your support and for your kind messages.

I vigorously deny the allegations of any wrongdoing, which seem extremely far-fetched to me.

And I will continue with my blog and my work regardless of today's events.

I will be issuing no further statement on this matter in the immediate future.

PS Scotland Yard got my age wrong again today. I am a mere 50 years old and not the prehistoric 51 they insist I am!"

No comments: